Monday, May 20, 2013

Fr. Santiago Perez Santana Leaves Legion for Monterrey [Mexico] Diocese






[from Facebook]



Yesterday, after 23 years, and after much reflection and struggle I left the Legion of Christ.
I thank God for the good people I knew inside and for the good that has been done during this time.
I am not in agreement with many things, and I don't know how I have been able to bear with various situations these last few years.
The Archbishop of Monteery, Mons. Rogelio Cabrera, had been kind enough to accept me into his diocese and I thank him from the bottom of my soul. 
I still don't know what I will do but last night I got back to Monterrey, four and a half years after I left. 
I want to thank the kindness and affection of my dear people in Leon [Gto, Mexico].  It was impossible to say Good Bye to all but I hope to see you soon. 
Thanks also because if there is something I have learned during these years is that the only thing that matters and what lasts is precisely that: people and to love people. "To smell of the flock" as the Pope said the other day. 
A hug for all and a prayer for you all during the Mass I begin in a while.
Please pray for me.

Ayer, tras 23 años y después de mucho tiempo de reflexión y lucha, dejé la Legión de Cristo.

Agradezco a Dios la gente buena que he conocido dentro y el bien que se ha hecho a través de todo este tiempo. No estoy de acuerdo con muchas cosas, ni cómo se han llevado las diversas situaciones en estos últimos años.
El Arzobispo de Monterrey, Mons. Rogelio Cabrera, ha tenido a bien acogerme en su Diócesis y se lo agradezco en el alma. Todavía no sé qué voy a hacer pero anoche ya llegué a Monterrey, después de 4 años y medio de mi partida.
Quiero agradecer el cariño y la cercanía de mi querida gente de León. Imposible despedirme de todos pero nos veremos pronto. Gracias porque si algo he aprendido estos años, es que lo único que importa y lo que queda es eso. La gente y querer a la gente. “Oler a rebaño”, como decía el Papa el otro día. Un abrazo para todos y un recuerdo en la Misa que celebro en un rato. Pido oraciones por favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment